Change AOL email password
Regularly changing the password of your online accounts is a very good habit. It helps in avoiding determined hacker attacks and safeguards precious personal information. However, there is an inherent problem too - you have to make sure that you remember the new login details!
A simple way out of this quandary is to use a 'little black book' to note down the username and password which can be updated whenever the login information is changed. Obviously, it's essential that this book with all your secrets is kept hidden.
I cannot stress enough the importance of having a strong password for your AOL email address, especially when it's your primary online address. Over time the email account will have vital details of your personal and professional life - photos, receipts, credit card and bank particulars, important documents etc.
Additionally, the contacts list contains email addresses and names of your friends - information that should be kept private. As you can understand, it would be disastrous if all this information is compromised.
Instructions on how to change the password of AOL email account
Now that you are sufficiently shaken, here are the instructions on how to change the password of your AOL email account.
- Log in at your AOL email account [Slide 1].
- Click "Options" and choose "Settings" from the menu [Slide 2].
- Go to the "Accounts" section [Slide 3].
- Click on the "Change your password" link [Slide 4].
- A new browser window / tab would open. If you've set up a security question like I had done at the time of sign up, you would be asked to provide the secret answer [Slide 5]. As I have mentioned in countless other articles, this just goes to show that the security question and the secret answer are as important as the account password.
- Type in the secret answer and click the "Continue" button [Slide 6].
- Click the "Change Password" link under the Username Options section [Slide 7].
- You are now presented with two blank fields in which you need to type in a new password for the AOL email account [Slide 8].
- Enter a new password in the two fields. Make sure you note this information [Slide 9].
- Scroll down and click the "Save" button [Slide 10].
- AOL will inform you that the account password has been changed [Slide 11]!
Also read the article on how to make a strong password for tips and advice.
Comments, questions, feedback... whatever!
Page contents: Change AOL email password: Detailed instructions with screenshots for beginners on how to increase the security for their AOL accounts.
Recent Blog Posts
- Hotmail Sign In page
- Create a Hotmail account - Instructions
- Create Gmail address
- Download and install Outlook Express
- Get your free Gmail address
- Outlook Express new version
- Create my own email address
- Browers for Windows list
- Get email address
- Color combinations for web sites and pages
- Create Yahoo ID